Information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Sutherland Shire Council Vacation Care is closely monitoring the evolving situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and is following the directives of the lead public health agencies, including NSW Health.
- We are currently taking Vacation Care bookings and will continue to do so unless we are advised otherwise by lead public health agencies.
- We will update families immediately if any changes occur to our Vacation Care operations.
- We have reviewed our Vacation Care program and adjusted excursions based on advice from the Federal Government. High risk activities are not part of our program.
- Our three centres will operate within the Federal Government ruling of less than 100 people in attendance per centre.
- Miranda Vacation Care will operate with a maximum of 30 children daily. Our Burraneer Bay and Lucas Heights centres are licensed for daily enrolments of up to 60 children, although we typically average a daily enrolment of 45 children at both of these sites.
- Vacation Care fees will be payable whilst we are operational, irrespective of the reason for a child’s absence from care. Child Care Subsidy continues to be provided for families if children cannot attend due to self isolation, illness or precautionary measures.
- Please note our cancellation policy: cancellations or changes (e.g. adding an optional excursion or removing a booked day) can be made up to 7 days prior to your booking. Cancellations or changes within 7 days of your booking will incur full fees.
- We want to assure you of our stringent hygiene, cleaning and sanitation practices and processes. Our centres are thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day by Council’s own in-house cleaners.
We seek your assistance to help ensure the safety of the children by following the advice from NSW Health as the lead public health agency.
1. Upon returning from any overseas travel, you are required to follow NSW Health Guidelines and self-isolate at home for 14 days. If you are in this situation please advise us. We will be seeking evidence that you have undertaken the 14 day isolation requirements.
2. Even if you haven’t travelled overseas, but you think your family may have been in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus, you should self-isolate and advise us immediately.
3. In the event your child experiences any of the known symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath), please ensure they do not attend Vacation Care and seek medical advice prior to returning to Vacation Care.
We encourage families to refer to NSW Health’s dedicated webpage which contains detailed information on coronavirus, including an extensive Frequently Asked Questions and the latest advice.
Please contact our team on 9710 0466 if you have any queries regarding Vacation Care within the current climate.