All approved early education & care services - not-for-profit and commercial - undertake periodic assessments by the industry's legislative body in NSW, the Department of Education and Communities. The assessment reviews compliance with the National Regulations and National Quality Standards.
We are proud of the independent ratings our Centres have achieved. The ratings are a testament to the high quality early education and care delivered by our Centre Directors and their dedicated teams.
Centres are assessed on the following seven quality areas:
- Educational program and practice
- Children's health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
Each quality area contains standards and elements which Centres are assessed and rated against. Centres are given a rating for each quality area, and one of the following overall ratings based on the collective result:
- Exceeding National Quality Standard
- Meeting National Quality Standard
- Working Towards National Quality Standard
- Significant Improvement Required
For more information on the National Quality Standards, please visit the ACECQA website.