Please use our online Application for Childcare form to apply for care with us. You can use this one form to apply for either Early Education Centres or Family Day Care or both.
We accept applications after a child's birth. It's never too early to apply for care. The sooner parents/carers submit their application, the better.
Terms & Conditions
Read our Terms and Conditions before applying, to understand how our childcare application process works at Council.
A $20 administration fee applies (per child) for your application, irrespective of the number of Family Day Care zones and/or Early Education Centres selected. Please note the one-off $20 fee is non-refundable. Your application will be processed upon receipt of payment. Payment options are outlined on our application page.
Once we have processed your application and you have received our confirmation email, you also have the option of phoning us (9710 0466) and adding more Family Day Care zones and/or Early Education Centres to your preferences.
Please contact our team on 9710 0466 should you have any queries regarding your application.
In accordance with Australian Government legislation, Council is not permitted to accept children into care unless they have been fully immunised, are on a catch up immunisation schedule or have a valid medical exemption.
The following considerations may also assist you with your application:
- We recommend nominating an earlier preferred care start date than you actually require. This might result in you being offered a position, for example, one or two months before you return to work. Some parents who nominate an earlier start date use this as an opportunity to gradually settle their child into care (i.e. shorter days to begin with) and create their new family routine. Parents often tell us their return to work is much smoother in the knowledge their child is already familiar with their new care environment. If you have already applied for care with us and would like to change your preferred start date, please call us on 9710 0466.
- On our application form you have the option of nominating a preference for either Family Day Care, Early Education Centres or both. You can call us to have your care preference changed over the phone any time.
- For Family Day Care, you can nominate preferences for geographic locations where our Educators are based.
- For Early Education Centres, you may apply for up to three individual centres. Please call us on ph 9710 0466 if you would like to add more centre locations to your application.
- When considering geographic locations for a service, think about the way in which you travel to work. If you take the train, is there a different station you could depart from which would position you near one of our other services? Is there an alternative driving route which would take you past some of our other services?
- If you’re returning to work part-time, and have flexibility with your work days, ask our Customer Service team about days of week where demand is lower.
- If you have the flexibility to travel to many/any areas of the Shire for childcare, contact our Customer Service team to enquire about areas where demand is lower.
- Some people choose to place their child in care near where they work. If work is some distance from home, consider whether your child would still attend care if you were home ill, or if you have multiple children whether one would attend care if his/her sibling was ill. Would somewhere near home or work best suit your family?
- The largest intake of children into care is at the start of a calendar year. The reason is because some children leave to start school, creating a ‘domino’ effect where children move between age-based rooms and vacancies across all ages are created along the way. Having said that, vacancies do arise throughout the year.
- If your details change, please let us know. This includes changes in email address, phone numbers, days of the week requested and location preferences. We can best serve you when your customer profile is current.
- If for any reason you decline a position with us, you remain on our database as you were.
Our team is here to assist you if you have any queries regarding our application process or your specific childcare needs. Phone 9710 0466.
Making changes to existing applications
Anytime after you apply for care with us, you are welcome to make changes to your application. This includes any changes to the following:
- your contact details
- your care preferences
- the date your care is required
- the days you require care for
Please email us (ChildrensServices@ssc.nsw.gov.au) to advise of changes to your requirements. You are welcome to phone us on 9710 0466 if you have any queries regarding changes to your existing application.