Information related to this page can be found at:
2019 Sutherland Shire Australia Day Awards
HOW TO NOMINATE
The nomination period has now closed.
Nominations open on Wednesday 1 August 2018 and close Friday 28 September 2018.
You can choose to nominate online or by downloading a nomination form.
If you need a nomination form to be mailed to you, please phone 02 9710 0993.
- Citizen of the Year is awarded to a Sutherland Shire citizen who has achieved the most distinguished performance and/or made the most outstanding contribution to the Shire community during 2017/2018.
- Young Citizen of the Year is awarded to a Sutherland Shire citizen (25 or younger as at 26/1/2019) who has achieved the most distinguished performance and/or made the most outstanding contribution to the Shire community during 2017/2018
- Community Group of the Year is awarded to an organised community group based in the Sutherland Shire, which has made the most outstanding contribution to the local community during 2017/2018.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entry in the Citizen Of The Year and Young Citizen of the Year categories is open to all persons who are resident in the Sutherland Shire at the time of nomination
- Entry in the Community Group of the Year category is open to all community groups based and operating in the Sutherland Shire
- Nominees to the Young Citizen of the Year category must be 25 years of age or younger as at 26/1/2019
- Nominations must be made on the official form (online or hardcopy). Photocopies are acceptable
- Nominee information and photographs provided will be used on council’s website
- Nominations may be made by an individual or organisation
- You can make more than one nomination from the same organisation (Citizen and Young Citizen only)
- Persons cannot nominate themselves for the Citizen and/or Young Citizen of the Year Award
- Community groups may self nominate. The names of the office bearers must be listed
- It is permissible to contact the awards office for advice regarding nominations
- All nomination information and materials submitted remain the property of the awards office
- Nominations are judged by councillors
- A minimum of three different nominations must be received for each category before the judges can select a winner
- Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony held in December and again at the Sutherland Shire Council Australia Day celebrations on 26 January 2019
- The council's decision is final
- Entries close on 28 September 2018.
Enquiries can be directed to Events & Performing Arts on 02 9710 0993 or firstname.lastname@example.org