The type of premises will depend on your business. For example, if you sell products, this can involve deciding the best location to set up a retail shop and exploring the buying or leasing property options available in that area.
Or if you provide professional services, you might choose long or short-term leasing options depending on your business needs, to allow you to conduct your customer and business meetings from a central location.
Examples of business premises include a:
- warehouse, manufacturing plant or storage facility
- retail premises
- home office, typically used by home-based business
- shared commercial office or hub
- temporary premises, such as a market stall or pop-up business.
Commercial Property Leases
When starting or growing your business, you may need to decide whether to buy commercial property or enter into a commercial lease. At this stage, it's advisable to seek professional business advice. Accountants, solicitors and other business advisers can advise whether it's in your best interests to buy or lease your business premises and equipment, as well as the tax implications of each option. Find out more.
Co-working, Incubators and Innovation Spaces
Although Co-working is not a new concept its definitely caught the attention of Australian businesses in a big way. From startups to large corporates, businesses all across Australia are seeing the advantages of shared working spaces. Below are some of Sutherland Shire Co-working spaces.
- Inspire CoWork - A Inspire Co-work is a shared office and entrepreneur community. An impressive professional work space in the Sutherland Shire NSW Australia where you can concentrate and get work done around other like-minded professionals. Imagine having all the perks of a large community, with free coffee, events and work friends, and none of the commercial property stresses because its affordable with no lease, no bond and you can cancel anytime.
- Nandin - The Nandin Deep Technology Incubator is a full service innovation hub enabling industry engagement and research translation through design, collaboration, innovation and entrepreneurship. The incubator fosters a unique and unparalleled collaboration experience between Innovation precinct tenants, graduate students, researchers and industry.
- The Promenade Cronulla – The Promenade Serviced Offices provide a premium serviced and virtual office solution for a wide range businesses and professionals.
- KGDM - KGDM’s Miranda location is designed for creative freelancers, photographers, artists, designers, florists or architects. Whether you choose to work at one of the 13 permanent desks, or use the floor-area downstairs for a photoshoot or workshop, it’s a space you’ll be inspired by.
- Bootstrapped - Co Working Space in Cronulla. BootStrapped co working space, is dedicated to business owners, entrepreneurs and freelancers, who are looking for an affordable space to work, without the distractions of home life.
- Shirepc - Shire Professional Connection Co-Working business hub for shire professionals. A place of business where professionals can Co-Work, Collaborate and Connect.
Home Based business
Home-based businesses are a large part of the Australian business community, with nearly one million people running a business from home. Working from home can offer flexibility and convenience, and can often be a great opportunity to start a new career.
If you're thinking of starting a home-based business or are currently running one, you can maximise your chance of success by ensuring that you understand the risks and government requirements that apply to you. Find out more.
Market stalls allow you to temporarily set up and sell your products or services without the cost associated with a dedicated shop front. There are a variety of markets in the Sutherland Shire that attract customers, including fresh produce, food, specialty goods and clothing. Contact the organisers of our regular markets for more information – Find out more.
Enquiries can be directed to Business & Tourism Unit on 9710 0893 or email@example.com