SUEZ (formerly known as SITA) operates the Lucas Heights Resource Recovery Park (The Tip) and provides recycling, resource recovery and solid waste processing and disposal services to councils, commercial and industrial customers, small businesses and households.
SUEZ online enquiry
Lucas Heights Resource Recovery Park Development Proposal
SITA/SEUZ are proposing to expand the operation of the Lucas Heights Resource Recovery Park to:
- increase the life of the landfill by 12 years from 2025 to 2037, increase the total capacity by 8.3 million cubic metres and the annual capacity from 630,000 tonnes per annum to 850,000 tonnes per annum,
- relocate and increase the capacity of the garden organics facility from 55,000 tonnes per annum to 80,000 tonnes per annum,
- develop a new Advanced Resource Recovery Technology facility to receive and process 200,000 tonnes of waste per year, and
- deliver a 149 hectare high quality parkland for the community in 2040.
The development application is accompanied by a Voluntary Planning Agreement that delivers significant benefits to the community, including:
- monetary contributions of $100 million over 15 years for new an upgraded community facilities
- improved environment performance with defined KPIs,
- improved complaints investigation procedures, and
- preferential treatment of Sutherland Shire waste.
Go to the SUEZ website for background information.
Address: New Illawarra Road, Lucas heights
Policies and documents
Local Waste Management Policy
Domestic Waste Service Collection Policy
Enquiries can be directed to SUEZ on 1300 651 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org