Parking permits are available in one specific area in Cronulla:
Area 1 covers Ozone Street vicinity (Dunningham Park, The Esplanade, Cronulla Park and Gerrale Street, Cronulla areas).
Cronulla Parking Scheme Area 1 map
Apply for a permit Area 1
On receipt of a resident application council will assess eligibility.
To provide a permit we need the following information.
Proof of residence
- Copy of your current driver's licence is required for all applications showing applicant's name and correct Cronulla address.
- Private vehicles - copy of current Certificate of Registration showing applicant's name and correct Cronulla address.
- Company vehicles - a letter on company stationery confirming:
- you are an employee of the company who has sole use of the vehicle
- the vehicle is normally parked at the address on the application
- the vehicle registration number
- vehicle expiry date
- Company vehicle (owned by an individual) - copy of the Registration of Business Name or a letter with the company seal is required.
Approved applicants will receive their permits in the post.
Conditions of Use
- Permits will only be issued to residents within the eligible areas.
- With the exception of company vehicles, permits will only be issued for vehicles that are registered in the name and residential address of the resident who is applying for the permit.
- Permits are non-transferable and will only be valid when properly displayed in the nominated vehicle.
- Permits will only be issued to motor vehicles (as defined by the Australian Road Rules 1999) with gross vehicle mass (GVM) less than 4.5 tonnes.
- Vehicles displaying permits are exempt from the time limits imposed by parking signs bearing the words “Permit Holders Excepted” AND showing the same area number to that shown on the permit.
- Permits do not provide exemptions from any other parking restrictions, ie: No Parking, No Stopping, obstructing driveways, parking too close to the corner etc.
- The issue of a permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space to the holder.
- To be valid the permit must be clearly displayed in the bottom corner of the passengers side front window of the vehicle..
- A defaced, hidden, or otherwise illegible permit is invalid and must be replaced by making an application to council. Council may request return of the original permit or its remnants before issuing a new permit.
- A permit is only valid up until the expiry date shown on the permit.
- Should there be breaches of these conditions, authorised council officers may revoke the permit.
- Council may vary the conditions of issue of the permits.
Cronulla Residents Parking Scheme Area 1
Cronulla Residents Parking Scheme Area 2
Enquiries can be directed to Traffic Officer on 9710 0277 or firstname.lastname@example.org