Information for Vets

Image - Alternating Content - default

Links and Documents for Vets

The following are links and documents to assist you and your team.

Animal Seizure Log Form

 An Animal Seizure Log must be completed by the veterinary practice when a dog is placed into their custody. i.e. when a dog has been found by a member of the public and handed over to the vet practice.  Council may not be able to take custody of the dog if the Animal Seizure Log has not been completed and signed by the relevant parties.

Office of Local Government Information and User Guides


- Vet / Authorised Identifier Online User Guide & FAQ

- Information for Veterinary Practices / Authorised Identifiers

- Authorised Identifiers Application Form

- Companion Animal Guidelines for Approved Persons

NSW Pet Registery

Veterinary practices can enter microchip and owner details for companion animals directly onto the NSW Pet Registry -  This in turn means the owner can claim their animal immediately without having to wait for paperwork to be processed.

Companion Animal Legislation

For more information on companion animal legislation refer to the Companion Animals Act 1998  & Companion Animals Regulation 2008

More information



Did this page help you?

We monitor feedback and will respond to your comments if you include your email address.

Please type the characters you see in the picture below

Please type the code in the box above