Dumping unwanted household items and green waste is illegal and subject to on the spot fines of $7,500 or higher fines if the incident goes to court.
If you see a possible illegal dumping, obtain as much information as possible, such as:
- Location where the incident occurred.
- What was being dumped.
- Time of day and date.
- Registration plates and description of vehicle.
- Description of person.
- Any other identifying information.
Council will then commence its investigative process. Any information provided will be held in strictest confidence.
What to report to council
- Dumped/abandoned cars (or call police assistance line).
- Roadside rubbish on local roads.
- Dumped solid or liquid wastes (can also be reported to the EPA, Police, Crimestoppers).
- Illegal dumping in council parks.
- Illegal dumping on Shire beaches.
- Illegal dumping on private property.