Greenhills is the stretch of beach to the north of Wanda. Dogs off leash are allowed at set times only.
This is a less populated stretch of beach, with no facilities for beach users. There is no patrolled swimming area at Greenhills and as such swimming is not recommended.
Rules about dogs in public places
Extension of Dog Off-Leash Hours
- Council is pleased to announce a trial to extend winter access to the Greenhills Beach dog off-leash area.
- The new hours for the dog off-leash area are between 3pm and 10am daily from 19 June to 1 October 2020.
- This is for a trial period only.
Dogs allowed off leash
Monday-Sunday - before 10am and after 3pm. From 1 October 2020 the hours will change to before 10am and after 4pm.
At all other times dogs are prohibited at the beach (that is between Monday to Sunday 10am to 3pm). From 1 October 2020 the hours will change to 10am to 4pm.
View other dog friendly areas
Wanda Reserve - dogs on leash
Dogs must be on leash on Wanda Reserve (the grassy areas near the car park).
Dogs are prohibited in the following locations:
- Behind the beach from the edge of the dunes and extending westward to the service trail that runs along the ridge at the back of the dunes.
- North of gate 1 adjacent to the 4-wheel drive park to protect the environmentally sensitive Merries Reef area.
- On the heritage-listed sand dune to the east of the partly sealed service trail.
- On Wanda Beach (south of Wanda Track 5) 24 hours a day.
All persons are present at their own risk during allocated 'off leash' times. Times are also signposted at the beach.
Enquiries can be directed to the Sutherland Shire Council on 9710 0333 or email@example.com