Are you aged between 12 and 24 years? Do you live in Sutherland Shire? And would you like to have a say in local issues?
If you answer yes, Youth Council meetings might be what you are looking for. We would like young people to assist council to plan and develop services and facilities for young people and the community. It is vital to have your input to plan to meet your needs. Youth Council representatives are nominated each year and meetings are held every two months with additional project working group meetings held as necessary.
The Youth Council:
- provides a forum for young people to express their views
- enables young people to become more active in their local community
- encourages young people to work with their peers
- provides the opportunity for young people to learn about how local government works
- provides leadership opportunities and skills development for future careers.
The Youth Council helps the council engage the leaders of tomorrow and to ensure they are well placed to understand the important role that local government plays in shaping the community.
If you would like to get involved with the Youth Council, download an application form.
For more information contact:
Connected Communities Team
Ph: 02 9710 0422
Youth Council Represented in Sutherland to Surf
On Sunday 22nd July Sutherland Shire Youth Council members Micaela, Martin, Peter and Bradley donned thier Youth Coucil attire to participate as a team in the Annual Sutherland to Surf
Congratulations Martin, Micaela, Bradley and Peter!
Pictured: Martin Anderson, Micaela Bassford, Bradley Kalgovas and Peter Anderson