2013 Breakfast Torque
Start: 8:00AM, 27 Oct 2013
Finish: 12:00PM, 27 Oct 2013
Where: Loftus Park
Princes Hwy Loftus
10 YEAR CELEBRATION
2013 marks the 10th year of the award-winning "Breakfast Torque" motorcycle safety event. Held at Loftus Park on the Princes Highway on the last Sunday in October, "Breakfast Torque" continues to offer riders a great morning of breakfast, bands and bikes. Come along and be a part of this awesome motorcycle safety event!
Hosted by Jonesy from 101.7WSFM
FREE local motorcycle event
- Free breakfast for riders
- Simulated crash scene
- Riding skills demonstration
- Motorcycle safety gear show
- Win great prizes
- New products
- Expert safety advice and tips
Mission Statement for Breakfast Torque
Breakfast Torque exists primarily to provide effective information and education, sharing of resources, and build a sense of motorcycle safety into the motorcycling community.
This is achieved through the involvement of volunteer, charitable, private and government organisations related to motorcycling, with the main purpose being to foster a culture of safety for motorcyclists, by motorcyclists.
2013 Stallholder applications
Businesses and organisations involved in motorcycling are invited to complete the online application to be a part of this year's event.
2012 Breakfast Torque Gallery
Entertainment - Chris Allan
Jonesy (WSFM) Angry-Anderson Chris Smith (2GB)
For those arriving by car, a free tram shuttle service is available from Loftus TAFE on Rawson Ave - turn into the TAFE carpark, park your car and get a free tram ride across the Highway directly to Loftus Oval. This free service will be running every 10 minutes, courtesy of the Loftus Tram Museum.
Parking for motorcycles is available at Loftus Oval.
What happened at Breakfast Torque in 2012?
- Jonesy hosted his 9th Breakfast Torque
- Angry Anderson appeared, along with Chris Smith from 2GB.
- Live music by Alloway and Chris Allan
- Rhys James crashed the SPM bike into a Volvo
- The Medical Retrieval Unit participated in the crash scenario for the first time
- There was a series of instructional "races" in the carpark
- World renowned chef Ty Bellingham cooked for riders - check him out here
- Harley-Davidson Australia brought along their display custom shop
- Over 1,000 riders and pillions attended, with hundreds of non-riders arriving by free tram
2012 Sponsors and Stallholders
| Shannons Insurance
||Hard and Fast
||Ride it Right
| Harley-Davidson Australia
|| Ozzie Eyewear
|| Stoney Creek Motorcycles
|| Neds Wear
| Caringbah Motorcycles
|| Trike Trips
|| National Motor Vehicle Theft Reduction Council
| Sy's Harley-Davidson
|| DV8 Leather
|| Girls Ride Out
|| Sutherland St George Ulysses
| SkillMaster Motorcycle Services
|| Motorcycle Escorts
| Sydney Performance Motorcycles
|| Victory Australia
|| Stay Upright
| Good Wool Store
||Survive the Ride
|| Motorcycle Council of NSW
| A Hard Ride
|| NSW Ambulance Service
||Steven Walter Childrens Cancer Foundation
Check out the Breakfast Torque Facebook page.
This event is presented by Sutherland Shire Council, Kogarah Council, Rockdale City Council, Motorcycle Council of NSW Inc. With special thanks to Ambulance Service of NSW and SkillMaster Motorcycling Services.
More Information: Mark Stuart, Road Safety Officer