Join the Library
Membership of Sutherland Shire Libraries is free and open to both residents and non-residents of the Sutherland Shire.
To join the library, visit any Sutherland Shire Library and submit a completed application form. You will be required to produce identification showing your name and current address.
Download an Application Form
Children under 18 require a parent/guardian to complete the application and show identification as well as proof of child for example, on a Medicare, Centrelink / health care card or birth certificate.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- driver's licence
- SSC rates notice
- utilities account (water, telephone, electricity, gas, etc.)
- social security/pension card
- health care card
- bank statement
- electoral roll notification
- transport concession card
- lease agreement
Once the membership application has been completed and the ID checked you will be issued with a library card immediately and the conditions of membership will be explained.
- Your library card can be used to borrow items from any branch library in the Sutherland Shire and access our online collections.
- New members are restricted to borrowing three items on their initial visit.
- Material borrowed at one branch library may be returned to any branch in the system.
- All items borrowed on your library card are your responsibility. Therefore, it is important to notify the library immediately if your card is lost or stolen.