Through our social media channels, we will provide information about Council initiatives, programs and news. We use social media to engage with our community, answer general questions, and foster respectful discussions.
If you would like to get in contact with us, the best way to do this is by speaking with our Customer Service Team either in person, by phone or email to ensure your feedback or enquiry is responded to as soon as possible by the most appropriate team member.
In Person: Administration Building, 4-20 Eton Street, Sutherland 2232
Phone: 02 9710 0333
Snap Send Solve: If you see something that needs to be fixed or reported to Council, Snap Send Solve is a quick and easy way for you to report matters you see when you’re out and about.
Visit our website more information and to download the app: bit.ly/2DJ7Q9d
Operating our Social Channels:
The Sutherland Shire Council official social chanels are maintained by the Engagement team. Comments not able to be answered directly by this team will be forwarded to the relevant unit of Council for a response.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium however, we’re only able to monitor these channels during business hours. We endeavour to respond to relevant comments as soon as possible. If you require an immediate response to your enquiry, please contact our Customer Service team on the details above.
Moderating our social media channels:
We welcome your comments and do not discriminate against any views, however we expect all visitors to our page to adhere to our values of Collaboration and Respect with others in your community. Contributors May Not:
Use language or imagery that could be considered defamatory
(Defamation is defined as: the publication to a third person of material which damages the reputation of the plaintiff)
• damage the reputation of another or publish content that may be misleading or deceptive
• divulge confidential information, or proprietary information
• breach copyright or the privacy of others
• harass, abuse or threaten other visitors to the site/pages
• post comments or photos/videos that are likely to offend others, particularly in reference to an individual’s race, age, gender, sexuality, political leaning, religion or disability
• use obscene or offensive, threatening or intimidating language or imagery
• discuss or post photos of illegal activity
• link to, make comments, or post images/video that could be considered sexually explicit in nature
• post repeated comments or images continuously
• promote anything that may constitute spam, such as commercial interests, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of for profit agencies
• reveal others’ personal details such as email addresses, phone numbers or home addresses on the public wall without permission.
All comments, photos, and videos will be reviewed and if any are found not to adhere to the above, they may be removed. We welcome community discussion on our pages. However, visitors and contributors to our pages must adhere to these Community Guidelines, as listed above. We take our legal obligations seriously and we will moderate contributions to our channels, if they are considered by our team to contravene our legal requirements or violate our Community Guidelines. Repeated violations of this policy may cause the author to be blocked.
The Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (the “PPIPA”) requires all councils to prepare a Privacy Management Plan outlining their policies and practices to ensure compliance with the requirements of that Act and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (the HRIPA).
If you have any questions or comments, please call us on 02 9710 0333 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org