Gain experience, keep your mind and body active, and socialise by meeting new people. Become a Bushcare Volunteer.
Bushcare volunteers get educational benefits by:
- getting actively involved and learning skills to manage Sutherland Shire's bushland
- learning about environmental issues and methods used to minimise their impact
- getting hands-on experience to enhance further education or a career change
To become a Bushcare volunteer you need:
- enthusiasm, energy and a physical ability to work outdoors
- a genuine concern for the natural environment
- time to volunteer either on monthly work days or a casual basis
- willingness to undertake a two-day training course
How do I become a volunteer?
All residents of the Sutherland Shire between the ages of 16 and 90, and other interested people, can register as a Sutherland Shire Bushcare volunteer.
Obtain a Bushcare volunteer's package
Contact us and request a Bushcare volunteer package, provide your name and postal address and a package will be posted to you.
Phone: (02) 9524 5672
Press option one for Bushcare (if your call goes to voice mail, please advise that you wish to obtain a Bushcare volunteer package and clearly leave your name and postal address. A package will be posted to you.)
Select a site where you would like to volunteer
Within your package will be a copy of our Bushcare Bulletin. There is a list of Bushcare work days that shows times and days when various groups work, as well as other activities.
Attend a site and complete your registration
Please complete and bring with you on your first day:
- Bushcare Volunteers Registration Form
- Statement of OH&S Responsibilities, Authority and Accountability for Bushcare Volunteer Form
- A copy of Sutherland Shire Council On-line Induction Statement (refer to package for details)