5 - Lodge the Application

From 1 January 2019, all development applications need to be lodged online via the NSW Planning Portal.  You can do this from the location of your choice, or at our Customer Service Centre. 

You need to:

Your application won't be formally lodged until it has been checked for accuracy and completeness AND the full and correct fees have been paid. Most of the time it will be reviewed and available on Track within 1 or two business days. We will email you an invoice and you can BPay the fees. The application is considered lodged once it has been checked, the necessary information has been provided and the fees have been paid.

Hard copy documents

From 1 January 2019, applicants no longer need to provide a paper copy of documents. We will charge a printing fee for printing necessary paper copies.

Soft copy documents

All documents are to be supplied in digital format as PDF documents via the NSW Planning Portal.  The plans should be to scale (1:100 @ A3) and rotated to landscape.  Black and white plans need to be 300 dpi and coloured plans can be at a lower resolution.

Photos and photomontages may be provided as JPEG images.

Track it

DA applications can be found in Track it.  Note documentation provided with an application may be accessed in accordance with the requirements of the GIPA Act (with the exception of floorplans and internal layouts).  


Fees are calculated on a scale based on the estimated cost of development (and also the number of lots in the case of subdivision).

Request a DA quote

Payment options

You can pay in the following ways:

  • BPay
  • Credit Card, either via phone (1300 886 435) or our website
  • Mail by cheque or money order
  • Personal payment at our Customer Service Centre. You can pay cash between 8.30am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.

Please remember that development applications may only be lodged using the computers at Council's Customer Service Centre between the hours of 8.30am and 4pm on working days.


Address: ,

More information

Policies and documents

DA Guide Consideration of Development Applications Submitted by Council Policy Code of Conduct


Development Applications - Request a Quote Request an Appointment to Lodge DA Section 4.55 or 4.56 (formerly Section 96) modification of Development Consent



Report a Political Donation or Gift Request a DA Quote Development Application - New Dwellings and Major Alterations Development Application - Minor Alterations and Swimming Pools Development Application - Major Residential Development Application - Commercial, Industrial Development Application - Change of Use Development Application - Community and Public Development, Child Care Facilities and Educational Establishments Development Application - Subdivision Development Application - Advertising Signs Development Application - Demolition


DA Tracker


Appointment to lodge a DA

Did this page help you?

We monitor feedback and will respond to your comments if you include your email address.

Please type the characters you see in the picture below

Please type the code in the box above

Have more to say? Complete our Community survey on the transformation of our website. We are focused on creating a website that provides an intuitive, easy-to-use, and efficient customer experience for our community and we need your feedback to ensure we have captured everything you’d like to see and do on our refreshed website. With the click of a button, you can help us build a better website for our community, provide your feedback now - https://jointheconversation.sutherlandshire.nsw.gov.au/website- 2021