In conjunction with the upgrade of the amenities building by the AFL, Miranda Bombers JAFC and Southern Power AFC, Sutherland Shire Council is carrying out works to the playing surface and surrounding infrastructure.
Works start date:
Works end date:
Lincoln Oval, 40 – 42 Rawson Avenue, Sutherland
View on map
Reason for works
In conjunction with AFL NSW & ACT, Council is carrying out an upgrade of Lincoln Oval Waratah Park.
Club Waratah is a new entity consisting of Miranda Bombers Jnr AFL Club and Southern Power AFL Club created to utilise the Lincoln Oval site. With the support of AFL NSW & ACT the amenities building has been upgraded to include new home change rooms, club rooms, canteen, and toilet facilities to a standard for use for representative AFL football and by the Swans Academy.
Scope of works
In addition to the recent investment by AFL and Club Waratah, Sutherland Shire Council’s component of the works include:
- Upgrade of the field lighting.
- Levelling and re turfing of the playing surface to meet 'Regional' standards.
- Installation of an irrigation system.
- Construction of pedestrian control fencing for the cycle track and provision of accessible paths.
- Minor landscaping works.
The delivery milestones for Lincoln Oval are:
- AFL Upgrade of the amenities building - August 2016 - Completed
- Pedestrian control fencing and accessible paths - August 2016 - Completed
- Field Lighting Upgrade – install complete awaiting commissioning
- Installation of an irrigation system – install complete awaiting commissioning
- Levelling and re turfing of the playing surface (+ 3 month establishment period) – Dec 2016 -Completed
- Landscaping and peripheral works – March 2017
Some minor delays are being experienced whilst the project awaits service connections by a Utility Authority.
These works are funded by Council from SITA / SUEZ contributions under the joint funding agreement.