Reconstruction of the boat ramp, installation of a floating pontoon, and reconfiguration of the car park.
Scope of works
The works include:
- Construction of a new boat ramp to modern standards.
- Installation of a pontoon suitable for small craft.
- Reconfiguration of the car park to better suit current uses.
- Dredging as required to undertake boat ramp and pontoon construction.
The delivery milestones are:
- Concept design: April 2016 - underway
- Community Consultation: May to November 2016
- Detail Design: March 2017
- Tender: July 2017
- Approvals: October 2017
- Expected site establishment: March 2018 (scheduled to avoid peak boating period)
- Expected project completion: June 2018
Public impacts during construction
- The boat ramp will closed during construction works. Users can put in at alternate ramps sites in Water Street, Caringbah; Wonga Road Wharf, Yowie Bay; and Swallow Rock Drive, Gray Point.
- There will be limited use of the Vehicle parking area, especially during later part of works.
- There may be an increase in dust and noise from time to time, as we upgrade these facilities.
The works have been scheduled to take place in winter to minimise impact on the boating community and the general public.
We regret any inconvenience that may be caused by this work, and will endeavour to minimise the effects.
This project is funded by Section 94 contributions and Roads and Maritime Services grant funding under their ‘Boating Now’ program.