Replacement of existing sports lighting and provision of 2 new poles.
Reason for works
Sutherland Shire Council is undertaking upgrades to sports lighting works across sportsground sites. The purpose is to provide a more efficient and better performing system to illuminate the grounds to meet current sporting industry Standards and Guidelines.
It is also intended that the proposed floodlighting upgrade shall substantially reduce spill light and glare to surrounding areas outside these sports fields, whilst minimizing the ongoing operating and maintenance costs.
Scope of works
Works involve the replacement of the existing sports lighting luminaires and poles and provision of two newly located poles to provide a more efficient and better performing system to illuminate the grounds.
The sports lighting upgrade will include:
- Removal of existing sports lighting luminaires and poles
- Replacement of the existing sports lighting luminaires and poles and provision of two newly located poles.
- Supply and installation of all electrical enabling works.
- Construction Start – November 2020
- Construction Completion – March 2021 (weather permitting)
Public impacts during construction
Some areas of the ovals will be closed during periods of the construction phase. There will be some associated construction noise during the removal and installation.
This project is jointly funded by Sydney Football Association under a Light Up Football Grant and Sutherland Shire Council.