Reconstruction of the boat ramp, pontoon and upgrade of the adjacent car parking area.
Scope of works
The works include:
- Construction of a new boat ramp to modern standards.
- Installation of a floating pontoon suitable for small craft.
- Reconfiguration of the car park to better suit current uses.
- Dredging as required to undertake boat ramp and pontoon construction.
The delivery milestones are:
- Concept design: May 2016 - Complete
- Community Consultation: Waterways Assets (RMS Boating Now Program) June 2016 - Complete
- Community Consultation Detailed Design for Scylla Bay: Nov 2016 - Complete
- Design Finalisation: Jan / Feb 2017 - Complete
Boat Ramp & Wharf Construction
- Tender: March 2017 - Complete
- Approvals: March 2017 - Complete
- Procurement: May / July 2017 - Complete
- Award of Contract: August 2017 - Complete
- Site establishment: Sept 2017 - Complete
- Expected practical completion: Feb 2018 - Complete
This boat ramp and new floating pontoon are now open for everyone to use.
Car Park Upgrade
These works will commence upon completion and site dis-establishment of the compound area.
- Preparation of sub-base
- Installation of driveway laybacks
- Asphalt surfacing
- Minor landscaping works - end March 2018
Public impacts during construction
- The boat ramp will closed during construction works. Users can put in at alternate ramp sites at Connell Road, Oyster Bay; Washington Drive, Bonnet Bay; or Prince Edward Park. The ramp at Burnum Burnum Sanctuary is upgraded and now open for use.
- Vehicle parking will be limited during the construction phase.
- There will be additional traffic on Verona Range.
- There may be an increase in dust and noise from time to time, as we upgrade these facilities.
We appreciate the patience of adjacent residents and frequent users of the existing facility, while we deliver this upgrade.
This project is funded by Section 94 contributions and Roads and Maritime Services grant funding under their ‘Boating Now’ program.