Reconstruction of the boat ramp, pontoon and upgrade of the adjacent car parking area.
Scope of works
The works include:
- Construction of a new boat ramp to modern standards.
- Installation of a floating pontoon suitable for small craft.
- Reconfiguration of the car park to better suit current uses.
- Dredging as required to undertake boat ramp and pontoon construction.
The delivery milestones are:
- Concept design: May 2016 - Completed
- Community Consultation: Waterways Assets (RMS Boating Now Program) June 2016 - Completed
- Community Consultation Detailed Design for Scylla Bay: Nov 2016
- Design Finalisation: Jan / Feb 2017
- Tender: March 2017
- Approvals: March 2017
- Procurement: May / July 2017
- Award of Contract: August 2017
- Expected site establishment: Sept 2017
- Expected project completion: Dec 2017
Public impacts during construction
- The boat ramp will closed during construction works. Users can put in at alternate ramps sites at Connell Road, Oyster Bay; Washington Drive, Bonnet Bay; or Prince Edward Park. Burnum Burnum may be under reconstruction at a similar time.
- Vehicle parking will be limited, especially during later part of works.
- There will be additional traffic on Verona Range
- There may be an increase in dust and noise from time to time, as we upgrade these facilities.
The works have been scheduled to take place during Winter/ Spring period to reduse the impact on the community. We appreciate the patience of adjacent residents and frequent users of the existing facility while we deliver this upgrade.
This project is funded by Section 94 contributions and Roads and Maritime Services grant funding under their ‘Boating Now’ program.