Installation of new play equipment.
Works start date:
Works end date:
Documents / Plans:
27-31 Pyree Street, Bangor.
View on map
Reason for works
Council is excited to announce the construction of a renewed playspace in Ross Reserve. Council will be delivering this new play space for the enjoyment of the community by the end of 2020.
The new playground will be replaced in the same location within the reserve.
Scope of works
The playspace will be renewed with upgraded equipment and landscape works, including:
- Play equipment for a variety of ages.
- New tree planting around the playground for shade
- New softfall – play bark
- Repairs to existing dinky path
The delivery milestones for this project are:
- Design – July 2020 - completed
- Approvals – July 2020 - completed
- Procurement of playground equipment – July 2020 - completed
- Appointment of landscape contractor – October 2020 - completed
- Community notification – October 2020 - in progress
- Site establishment for construction - early November 2020
- Expected project completion – end December 2020
Public impacts during construction
The playground will be closed during the reconstruction phase. There will be some construction noise during the demolition and installation of new equipment and path construction.
We apologise for any inconveniences this may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding while we carry out these works.
This project is fully funded by Council.