Construction of connecting pathways, seawall construction and landscaping works.
Scope of works
The Stage 2 work includes:
- Cantilevered footpath along reserve edge adjacent to Brighton Street (including handrails);
- New entry to Sydney Water pumping station;
- Reconstruction of northern stairs including lighting;
- Raised threshold pedestrian crossing near intersection of Loftus Street;
- Installation of seating, bollards, and bins;
- Upgraded drainage works;
- Planting and softworks.
The Stage 4 work includes:
- Construction of a new revetment wall along Bundeena Creek using a combination of rectangular cut and rip rap sandstone boulders;
- Connecting waterfront path.
The delivery milestones are:
- Detail design - completed 2014
- Statutory approvals - completed 2016
- Site establishment - July 2016
- Stormwater Drainage - completed Sept 2016
- Revetment Wall construction - completed Nov 2016
- Path network - completed Nov 2016
- Installation of light poles and stair lights - completed April 2017
- Electrification of pole lights - completed mid May 2017
- Stairs and handrails - completed June 2017
- Permanent pedestrian crossing - completed July 2017
Public impacts during construction
- Alternative access to the beach will be provided.
- There will be limited use of the park for the duration of the works however, the playground equipment area will remain open to the public.
- Some minor traffic delays may be experienced during the delivery of materials, equipment, and removal of spoil.
- There may be an increase in dust and noise from time to time, as we upgrade these facilities.
- Temporary loss of on street parking on the west side of Brighton Street.
There will be temporary re-direction of the lower reaches of Bundeena Creek to allow for seawall construction, which will be returned to it's natural alignment on completion.
We sincerely regret any inconvenience that may be caused by this work, and will endeavour to minimise the effects.
The project is funded by Sutherland Shire Council to the value of $1,758,393, and includes Stormwater Levy and Section 94 contributions.