Upgrade of the picnic area, barbecue area and amendment of the stormwater drainage systems.
Scope of works
- Public Exhibition of the masterplan was completed in 2012.
Stage 1 - Works completed in 2014
- Relocation of depot.
- Creation of all abilities pathways.
- Upgrade entry feature and create central meeting area.
Stage 2 - Picnic and barbecue area upgrade
- Reduce the number of the picnic area levels to provide for mobility impaired access and more efficient use of the space.
- Construction of a timber deck over looking the re-configured wetland including extra seating and tables.
- Reconfiguration of the barbecue area including installation of a new double-plated electric barbecue.
Stage 3 - Stormwater drainage system amendments
- Reshaping and restructuring the existing ponds including planting to provide natural stormwater filtration. This will facilitate the natural stormwater flows of the reserve in line with the principles of Water Sensitive Design.
Stages 2 & 3
Design commenced in Nov 2015. Engagement of a contractor to undertake the works will follow the design resolution. It is expected that construction will commence in February 2017, in order to minimise inconvenience to the public during Spring and Summer.
- Detailed design - complete
- Commencement of construction - February 2017 - In Progress
- Practical completion - expected May 2017