Installation of play equipment.
Reason for works
Council is excited to announce that construction will soon commence on renewal works at Henry Lawson Reserve Como.
Scope of works
The new playground will occupy a similar area to the existing playground and will be located in the same area of the reserve as the current play equipment.
The new works include:
- Play equipment for a variety of ages
- Mulch softfall to play area
- Concrete path around the playground
- Picnic setting
- Drinking & bottle filler station
The delivery milestones are:
- Concept Design – Sep 2019 - Completed
- Community Consultation – Dec 2019 to Feb 2020 - Completed
- Detail Design – Nov 2019 - Completed
- Approvals – Nov 2019 - Completed
- Tender – Dec 2019 - Completed
- Site Establishment – Feb 2020 - In Progress
- Expected project completion - April 2020
Public impacts during construction
The playground will be closed during this construction phase and there will be minimal construction noise during the removal and installation.
Access to the heritage trail may be affected and will be sign posted as required.
Thank you for your patience while this work is being carried out.
This project is fully funded by Council.