Installation of new play equipment.
Works start date:
Works end date:
Documents / Plans:
87R Green Point Road, Oyster Bay - known locally as Observatory Reserve
View on map
Reason for works
At Council, we understand that our open spaces and the community’s love of outdoor living have shaped the character of the Shire and greatly contribute to our well-being and unique sense of place.
Sutherland Shire Council is undertaking works to renew the playground at Green Point Reserve. This open space is a well-loved area and is an important part of the Oyster Bay community.
Council is excited to announce the construction of a renewed play space in Green Point Reserve. Council will be delivering this new play space in the same location within he reserve, for the enjoyment of the community by the end of 2020.
Scope of works
The playspace will be renewed with upgraded equipment and landscape works, including:
- Play equipment for all ages.
- New nature play area.
- New picnic table and rest area.
- New fencing at the front of reserve.
- Pavement repairs.
- New sandstone lizard ‘totem’ sculpture to welcome park users.
The delivery milestones for this project are:
- Design – July 2020 - completed
- Approvals – July 2020 - completed
- Procurement of playground equipment – July 2020 - completed
- Appointment of landscape contractor – October 2020 - completed
- Community notification – October 2020 - in progress
- Site establishment for construction - early November 2020
- Expected project completion – end December 2020
Public impacts during construction
The playground will be closed during the reconstruction phase. There will be some construction noise during the demolition and installation of new equipment and path construction.
We apologise for any inconveniences this may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding while we carry out these works.
This project is fully funded by Council.