Upgrade the entry, and removal of the wave ramps to reduce sand infilling.
Works start date:
Works end date:
The Esplanade - 16R Ozone Street,
View on map
The works are to be scheduled during Autumn / Winter season to minimise disruption to pool users.
The delivery milestones for Access Stairs include:
- Concept Design - February 2015 - Completed
- Construction Design Drawings for Access Stairs - Apr 2016 - Completed
- Reconstruction of Access Stairs - July/Aug 2016 - Completed
The delivery Milestones for the Wave Ramp Removal include:
- Commission Specialist Report to assess the continued sand siltation - July 2013 - Completed
- Decision undertaken to remove the ramps - Dec 2013 - Completed
- Procurement process - 2016 - Completed.
- Statutory Approval for adjusted methodology - July 2017 - Completed.
- Decommission wave ramps (in conjunction with scheduled pool closure for sand removal) - mid August 2017
Public impacts during construction
The removal of all 4 wave ramps will depend on tides and prevailing weather conditions.
To avoid further disruption, works to decommission the existing wave ramps may be completed in stages, coinciding with regular pool maintenance.
This project is funded by Sutherland Shire Council.
See current schedule for routine maintenance in 2017.