Upgrade of the existing boat ramp providing access to the Woronora River. This work includes provision of a new boat ramp, floating pontoon, and refurbishment of the wetland.
Reason for works
Boat Ramp, Pontoon
- Improve access and facilities to the river for waterway users,
- Improve safety for users when launching water craft,
- Improve access for disabled users,
- Achieve a design life of 50 years.
- Plans for the carpark upgrade have been deferred.
- Transition the new boat ramp to the existing carpark levels.
- Optimise water quality performance of the wetland,
- Implement the Plan of Management for the wetland.
Scope of works
- De-silt the wetland ponds
- Provide new pipe connection between ponds
- Install new weir in wetland
- Construct a floating reed island
- Pre-fabricate the concrete boat ramp components
- Demolish existing boat ramp
- Reconstruct new ramp
- Provide access ramp to the beach area
- Install new floating pontoon
- Site reinstatement
The expected delivery milestones are:
- Community consultation - Complete
- Design – Complete
- Procurement – Complete
- Site establishment – end July 2017 - Complete
- Boat Ramp /On-Ramp Pontoon construction - end Aug 2017
- Foreshore works – end Sept 2017
- Wetland construction - early Oct 2017
- Practical Completion – end Nov 2017
This project is jointly funded by RMS under their 'Boating Now' program, Sutherland Shire Council and SUEZ.