Upgrade of the existing boat ramp providing access to the Woronora River. This work includes provision of a new boat ramp, floating pontoon, and refurbishment of the wetland.
Reason for works
Boat Ramp, Pontoon
- Improve access and facilities to the river for waterway users,
- Improve safety for users when launching water craft,
- Improve access for disabled users,
- Achieve a design life of 50 years.
- Plans for the carpark upgrade have been deferred.
- Transition the new boat ramp to the existing carpark levels.
- Optimise water quality performance of the wetland,
- Implement the Plan of Management for the wetland.
Scope of works
- De-silt the wetland ponds
- Planting of wetlands ponds
- Construct new trash-rack at outlet
- Install new floating boom under existing pedestrian bridge
- Construct a floating reed island
- Pre-fabricate the concrete boat ramp components
- Demolish existing boat ramp
- Reconstruct new ramp
- Provide access ramp to the beach area
- Install new floating pontoon
- Site reinstatement
The expected delivery milestones are:
- Community consultation - Complete
- Design – Complete
- Procurement – Complete
- Site establishment – Complete
- Wetland construction – Aug/Sep/Oct 2017 – currently in progress
- Boat ramp /On-ramp pontoon construction – currently in progress
- Foreshore works – Oct/Nov 2017 - currently in progress
- Boat ramp access – Nov 2017
- Practical completion – Late Nov 2017
This project is jointly funded by RMS under their 'Boating Now' program, Sutherland Shire Council and SUEZ.