Repairs to existing boat ramp and asphalt resurfacing of the carpark area.
Works start date:
Works end date:
Documents / Plans:
Washington Drive, Bonnet Bay
View on map
Reason for works
To improve the functionality, safety and amenity of the facility for the benefit of all recreational users in the Georges River area.
Scope of works
The planned works include:
- Site establishment.
- Survey set-out and service locating.
- Pre-fabricate the concrete boat ramp components (off site)
- Repair existing boat ramp.
- Beach embellishments.
- Resurface the asphalt car parking area.
- Provide line marking.
- Disestablish from site.
The expected delivery milestones are:
- Community consultation - Dec 2016 - Complete
- Concept design – Feb 2017 - Complete
- Procurement – mid July 2017 - Complete
- Site establish – early Aug 2017 - Complete
- Repair existing boat ramp - late Aug 2017 - Complete
- Resurfacing of carpark – Friday 29 September 2017
Please note there will be NO PUBLIC ACCESS to the boat ramp whilst pavement sealing works are under way (7am to 5pm).
We understand that this work may have an impact on you and our neighbours. We appreciate your patience whilst we complete these works.
Public impacts during construction
During the construction period the boat ramp and carpark will be closed.
Alternate launching facilites are nearby at Burnum Burnum Sanctuary, Woronora and Scylla Bay in Como.
This project is jointly funded by Sutherland Shire Council and Roads and Maritime Services.