Creation of an accessible park with a playground including a dinky / scooter track, and all abilities playground equipment.
Reason for works
Scope of works
The works for Stage 1 include:
- Construction of a circuit dinky / scooter track.
- Construction of a perimeter fence.
- Installation of varying abilities playground equipment including a play fort, swings and climbing net.
- Installation of picnic tables with shelters.
- Installation of fixtures and fittings including bubbler, bike racks and garbage bin.
- Planting of the grass play area.
- Creation of an adventure track through low planted bushland.
- Preservation and upgrade of existing bushland.
- Kerb and gutter frontage works.
The future provision of an amenities facility will form Stage 2 of this project.
The expected delivery milestones are:
Jun 2016 - Concept design. Completed.
Feb 2017 - Detailed design. Completed.
Mar 2017 - Tender
May 2017 - Approvals
July 2017 - Site establishment for construction
Nov 2017 - Practical completion
Dec 2017 - Official Opening
Stage 2 - Provision of an amenities facility - subject to funding and approvals.
The official opening of the new park and playground facility will take place on Saturday 9 December 2017 at 9:30 am. Members of the local community and interested persons are warmly invited to attend.
Public impacts during construction
Traffic disruption is anticipated if underground drilling is required for water connections to the proposed drinking bubbler. Similarly, during the construction of kerb and gutter frontage works.
There may be other minor traffic disruption for delivery of materials and the removal of spoil during the construction phase and additional noise & dust will occur mainly during the early stages of excavation.
Council are working closely with the Lucas Heights Community School to provide advice on any disruptions.
These works are funded by Council from SITA / SUEZ contributions under the joint funding agreement.