Creation of a universally accessible park with a playground including a dinky / scooter track, and all abilities friendly playground equipment.
Works start date:
Works end date:
Documents / Plans:
150 Old Illawarra Road,
View on map
Scope of works
The works include:
- Construction of a circuit dinky / scooter track.
- Construction of a perimeter fence.
- Installation of varying abilities playground equipment including a play fort, swings and climbing net.
- Installation of picnic tables with shelters.
- Installation of fixtures and fittings including bubbler, bike racks and garbage bin.
- Planting of the grass play area.
- Creation of an adventure track through low planted bushland.
- Preservation and upgrade of existing bushland.
Further investigation is continuing after a request for the inclusion of an amenities building at the proposed park site. Whilst feasibility for this is being appraised, delivery time frames on the original concept have now been extended.
The expected delivery milestones are:
Concept design: June 2017
Detailed design: August 2017
Tender: February 2018
Approvals: by February 2018
Construction establishment: March 2018
Construction completion: September 2018
Public impacts during construction
Traffic disruption is anticipated if underground drilling is required for sewer connections to the proposed amenity building.
There may be other minor traffic disruption for delivery of materials and the removal of spoil during the construction phase and additional noise & dust will occur mainly during the early stages of excavation.
These works are funded by Council from SITA / SUEZ contributions under the joint funding agreement.