Installation of play equipment.
Reason for works
Council is excited to announce the construction of a renewed play space. The new playground and fitness areas will occupy a similar location to the existing play space, within the Reserve.
Scope of works
The new works include:
- Play equipment for a variety of ages.
- Provision of concrete path & sandstone wall around the playground.
- Levelling the concrete path to allow access to both play zones.
- Installation of fitness equipment and new synthetic surface below.
- Shade structure to part of the play space.
- Installation of new seat.
- Provision of drinking & bottle filler station.
- Installation of new solar panel light and Park signage.
The delivery milestones for this project are:
- Concept design – Sept 2019 - completed
- Community Consultation – Dec 2019 to Feb 2020 - completed
- Detail Design – Nov 2019 - completed
- Approvals – Nov 2019 - completed
- Tender – Dec 2019 - completed
- Site establishment – April 2020
- Expected project completion - May 2020
Public impacts during construction
The playground will be closed during the reconstruction phase and there will be minimal noise during the removal and installation.
We apologise for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we carry out these works.
This project is fully funded by Council