Published On 26 February 2018 at 10:21 AM
We're inviting our community to contribute comments on the following proposed change:
In association with development of the new Caringbah Medical Precinct to the east of Sutherland Hospital, Sutherland Shire Council in consultation with Roads & Maritime Services has identified the need to upgrade the intersection of Kingsway & Taren Point Road and Kingsway & Hinkler Avenue.
The works will provide additional capacity to service the new medical precinct as well as addressing significant safety issues at the existing intersections. A plan of the proposed works is shown in the attachment below, the main features of which include the following:
- Widening of Taren Point Road south of Kingsway, to provide additional capacity at the traffic signals
- Provision of a right hand turn lane from Kingsway into Hinkler Avenue
- Prohibition of right hand turn movements into and out of Chamberlain Avenue at Kingsway
- Prohibition of the right hand turn movement from Hinkler Avenue into Kingsway
- Removal of some parking along both sides of Kingsway
Comments on the proposed changes can be submitted to Council in writing to 4-20 Eton Street Sutherland NSW 2232 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any further information regarding the planned works, Council’s project staff can be contacted via 9710 0333.
Community consultation closes for review 19 March 2018.