To find out the zoning of a particular block of land, you can apply to council for a section 149 planning certificate.
Apply for an s149(2 only) Planning Certificate
Apply for an s149(2)&(5) Planning Certificate
149 Certificates are not issued on permissive occupancies or leases or licences over crown land. An online e-certificate covers one lot only, multiple lots will require multiple e-certificates.
What's on a certificate?
149(2 only) certificates
A section 149 (2) planning certificate will include details of:
- The names of relevant local environmental plans, regional environmental plans, state environmental planning policies and development control plans.
- The zoning and land uses that are permitted or prohibited within that zone.
- Any development that has been declared state significant in relation to the land.
- Whether the land is affected by section 38 or 39 of the Coastal Protection Act.
- Whether the land is in a mine subsidence district.
- Whether the land is affected by any road widening or road realignment proposals.
- Whether the land is affected by a policy that restricts development because of the likelihood of land slip, bush fire, flooding, tidal inundation, subsidence, acid sulphate soils, or any other risk.
- Whether the land is reserved for acquisition by a public authority.
- The name of each contributions plan applying to the land.
A 149 (2)&(5) certificate allows council to include additional advice on any matter affecting the land of which it may be aware. A 149(5) cannot be ordered separately so please consider your needs prior to ordering your certificate. A 149 (2)&(5) certificate may include:
- All the information contained in a 149(2 only) certificate.
- Information on pool safety
- Areas of Aboriginal Archaeological Sensitivity
- lnformation on drainage
- Information on land below MHWM
- Outstanding S94 contributions
- Notice that the property adjoins a heritage item
- Potential contamination information - whether the land has been used now or in the past for a potentially contaminating use.
View zoning information on Shire Maps (N.B. Once on the Shire Maps page, you will need to change the map layer to 'Zoning SSLEP 2015').
|Section 149 Part 2 only
|Section 149 Parts 2 and 5
|Section 735 - Outstanding Notices
|Section 88G Urgent
More information about these certificates can be found under Buying and Selling a Property.
Zoning Certificate 149(2)
Zoning Certificate 149(2)&(5)
Rates Certificate 603
Section 88G Certificate
Section 88G Urgent
Outstanding Notices Certificate Section 735A and 121ZP