To find out the zoning of a particular block of land, you can apply to council for a section 149 planning certificate.
Apply for an s149(2) Planning Certificate
Apply for an s149(2)(5) Planning Certificate
149 Certificates are not issued on permissive occupancies or leases or licences over crown land. An online e-certificate covers one lot only, multiple lots will require multiple e-certificates.
What's on a certificate?
A section 149 (2) planning certificate will include details of:
- The names of relevant local environmental plans, regional environmental plans, state environmental planning policies and development control plans.
- The zoning and land uses that are permitted or prohibited within that zone.
- Any development that has been declared state significant in relation to the land.
- Whether the land is affected by section 38 or 39 of the Coastal Protection Act.
- Whether the land is in a mine subsidence district.
- Whether the land is affected by any road widening or road realignment proposals.
- Whether the land is affected by a policy that restricts development because of the likelihood of land slip, bush fire, flooding, tidal inundation, subsidence, acid sulphate soils, or any other risk.
- Whether the land is reserved for acquisition by a public authority.
- The name of each contributions plan applying to the land.
A 149 (2)(5) certificate allows council to include additional advice on any matter affecting the land of which it may be aware. A 149(5) cannot be ordered separately so please consider your needs prior to ordering your ceritficate. A 149 (2)(5) certificate may include:
- Information on pool safety
- Areas of Aboriginal Archaeological Sensitivity
- lnformation on drainage
- Information on land below MHWM
- Outstanding S94 contributions
- Notice that the property adjoins a heritage item
- Potential contamination information - whether the land has been used now or in the past for a potentially contaminating use.
View zoning information on Shire Maps
|Section 149 Part 2
|Section 149 Parts 2 and 5
|Section 735 - Outstanding Notices
|Section 88G Urgent
More information about these certificates can be found under Buying and Selling a Property.
Zoning Certificate 149(2)
Zoning Certificate 149(2)(5)
Rates Certificate 603
Section 88G Certificate
Section 88G Urgent
Outstanding Notices Certificate Section 735A and 121ZP