New Driveways and Alterations to Existing Driveways
For all new driveways and alterations to existing driveways Council seeks to:
- ensure the driveway is located for the safest entry and exit to the road.
- minimise the risk of damage to standard cars using the driveway - minimise scraping that may occur
- ensure that the Council footpath and verge area is not a hazard to members of the public by making sure that it is not too uneven or too steep
- manage stormwater within the roadway by using levels that minimise water entering private property from the street via the drive
- ensure the safe movement of pedestrians using the road and footpath
- avoid conflict with existing infrastructures, such as signs, poles, drains in the kerb, street trees and other road features such as roundabouts, medians etc.
A different form is required to be submitted depending on your needs. Each application requires the payment of a design and inspection fee.
Driveway Application for single dwellings
Driveway Application for Multiple Dwellings including Dual Occupancies
Authorised Vehicle Crossing Contractor Form