Complying Development Certificate

Before any work on a proposed complying development can commence, a certificate of complying development must be issued. 

Council's certifiers can issue complying development certificates for a competitive rate with a fast turnaround.  Request a quote for council's complying development services and what the service includes.

Alternatively, you can engage an accredited certifier external to council.   

Fees and additional costs

If applicable to your complying development, these costs must be paid before a certificate can be issued.  These may include long service levy, damage security bond (refundable), road permits etc.

Before applying

Bushfire (BAL) Certificates

If your property is on bushfire prone land you will need a Bushfire (BAL) Certificate for complying development work.

    More about bushfire certificates

    Check if you are on bushfire prone land

    Check construction requirements on bushfire prone land

    Flood Control Certificates

    If your property is in flood prone land you may need a flood certificate for complying development work.

    More about food control certificates

    Check if you are on flood prone land

    Please contact council's Certification Services for assistance or further information.


    Address: ,

    More information



    Planning Certificate (2) Only Complying Development Certificate Amended Complying Development Certificate

    Did this page help you?

    We monitor feedback and will respond to your comments if you include your email address.

    Please type the characters you see in the picture below

    Please type the code in the box above

    Have more to say? Complete our Community survey on the transformation of our website. We are focused on creating a website that provides an intuitive, easy-to-use, and efficient customer experience for our community and we need your feedback to ensure we have captured everything you’d like to see and do on our refreshed website. With the click of a button, you can help us build a better website for our community, provide your feedback now - 2021