Cr Simone was born in Cronulla and attended St Aloysius and Our Lady of Mercy College, Burraneer. She previously owned Marie Simone Boutique in Cronulla, selling shoes and handbags, as well as a restaurant called Simone’s on the Park at Cronulla from 2010-2013.
Cr Simone was elected to Council in 2004 and served as an independent Councillor until 2008.
In 2010, Cr Simone became a member of the Liberal Party and is president of the Caringbah Liberal Party Branch.
Cr Simone is married to Rene Licata, former Socceroo, who is a Director of Staniarena Australia, which provides the latest technology for sporting stadiums across Australia and New Zealand.
Cr Simone is passionate about Cronulla. She wanted to represent her community to improve infrastructure and community facilities for the future generations of the Sutherland Shire and was recently re-elected for a second term in September 2016 for A Ward.
Currently a member of the following Standing Committees:
- Shire Infrastructure Committee
Currently a member of the following Sub-Committees:
- Aboriginal Advisory Sub-Committee
- Sutherland Shire Economic Development and Tourism Committee (Deputy Chairperson)
- Surf Life Saving Clubs Working Party (Deputy Chairperson)
- Australia Day and Citizenship Committee (Deputy Chairperson)