Party: Liberal Party. First Elected to Council in September, 2016.
Cr Daniel Nicholls serves as a Councillor of C Ward, that includes the suburbs of Jannali (East), Como (East), Oyster Bay, Kirrawee (North), Kareela, Gymea (North), Sylvania, Sylvania Waters, Miranda (North), Taren Point and Caringbah (North).
Cr Nicholls has lived in Sutherland Shire since the age of three and attended Bangor Primary School and Port Hacking High School.
He has worked in the Financial Services Industry, the Government Sector and has previously run his own small business. An active member of the local community, Cr Nicholls has served a term on the Sutherland Shire Youth Council and has previously served on the board of a local musical society for five years.
Currently a member of the following Standing Committees:
- Shire Services Committee (Chairperson)
- Shire Infrastructure Committee
Currently a member of the following Sub-Committees:
- Sutherland Shire Youth Council (Co-Deputy Chairperson)
- Australia Day and Citizenship Committee
- Barden Ridge/Menai Collaborative Committee
Currently a member of the following External Committees:
- District Emergency Management Committee
- Lucas Heights Community Reference Group
- Southern Sydney Regional Organisation of Councillors