Party: Liberal Party. Elected to council in September 2008, having previously served two elected terms as a councillor (1983-1991) and as Mayor (1987-1988 and 2011-12).
Cr Provan has lived in the shire for over 40 years; has two children and is the grandmother of three boys. Cr Provan also runs her own company and is a registered Marriage Celebrant.
Currently a member of the following Standing Committees:
- Shire Strategic Planning Committee (Chairperson)
Currently a member of the following Sub-Committees:
- Arts and Culture Sub-Committee
- Australia Day and Citizenship Committee
- Heritage and Shire History Committee (Deputy Chairperson)
- Sutherland Shire Economic Development and Tourism Committee
Currently a member of the following external Committees:
- Sutherland Shire Crime Prevention Community Safety Precinct Committee
- Sydney South Planning Panel