Liberal Party. Elected to council in September 2008, having previously served two elected terms as a councillor (1983-1991) and as Mayor (1987-1988 and 2011-12).
Cr Provan has lived in the shire for over 40 years; has two children and is the grandmother of three boys. Cr Provan also runs her own company and is a registered Marriage Celebrant.
Currently a member of the following Standing Committees:
- Shire Services Committee (Deputy Chairperson)
Currently a member of the following Sub-Committees:
- Floodplain Management Committee (Deputy Chairperson)
- Sutherland Shire Economic Development and Tourism Committee
- Surf Life Saving Clubs Working Party
- Australia Day and Citizenship Committee