Elected to Council in September 2016.
Cr Barry Collier’s formal qualifications include Bachelor of Commerce, Diploma in Education and Diploma in Law. He is a Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Cr Collier worked as a high school teacher for 17 years, before entering the legal profession. He currently works as a barrister, on a part-time basis.
Cr Collier was the NSW State MP for Miranda from 1999-2011 and from 2013-2015 (by election). He served as Parliamentary Secretary to the Attorney General and Shadow Minister. He is also the author of 5 HSC Economics text books.
On Australia Day 2017, Cr Barry Collier was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for service to the Parliament of NSW, to the law and to education.
He is a member of the following associations:
- NSW Bar Association
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Sutherland District Trade Union Club (Life Member)
- Patron of Grays Point Rural Fire Service.
Currently a member of the following Standing Committees:
- Corporate Governance Committee
- Shire Planning Committee.
Currently a member of the following Sub-Committees:
- Sutherland Shire Bushfire Advisory Committee (Deputy Chairperson)
Currently a member of the following External Committees:
- Sutherland Shire Crime Prevention Community Safety Precinct Committee