Sunday, Oct 01 2017
Refer to HVTC
Refer to HVTC. All applications must be submitted directly to HVTC.
Apply for this job
Essential qualifications, certificates and/or licenses required for this position
- Refer to HVTC. All applications must be submitted directly to HVTC.
HVTC Sydney in conjunction with Host Employer Sutherland Shire Council are currently seeking applications for enthusiastic and passionate candidates interested in pursuing a Horticulture Apprenticeship. This apprenticeship offers both on the job and formal training where you will be able to complete a Certificate III in Parks and Gardens over a 4 year term
About the Role
During your apprenticeship you will undertake varied duties which may include, but not limited to;
- Planting, pruning, weeding, mulching, mowing
- Driving/ operating plant equipment e.g. trucks, utes, mower etc
- Using hand tools e.g. shovel, secateurs, hedger
- Demonstrated interest for the horticulture/ parks and gardens field of work
- Passion for working outdoors and physically fit to perform manual tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Work experience in any area/s relevant to the apprenticeship (desirable)
- Commitment to safety, quality and principles of continuous improvement
- WHS Construction Induction (White Card) or willing to obtain
- Current drivers licence and access to reliable transport (desirable)
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team
- Have basic administration skills
- Commitment to the full term of the apprenticeship
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, YOU MUST apply online at www.hvtc.com.au/jobs by clicking 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position. We are unable to consider your application if it is not received in this way. All applications must be completed using a unique, individual email address. Applications using a shared or family email address unfortunately cannot be accepted.
The process will include several stages and may include submitting an online application, responding to email requests to undertake online testing, interviews, reference checking and pre-employment medicals. Timely response to emails and phone calls will enable us to move through the process in a timely manner. Applicants should regularly check the nominated email account and respond to missed phone calls and voicemail messages.
Applications close - Sunday, 1 October 2017
Apply for this job