World Book - Early World of Learning
Early World of Learning is a fun site for pre-school to year 2 students, produced by World Book Encyclopedia.
Early World of Learning offers younger children a range of stories, games, videos and facts. There are six interactive environments to explore.
- Know It
- offers a richly visual interactive encyclopedia that will captivate early learners with non-fiction topics of interest and importance to them.
- consists of two interactive learning environments: Trek's Travels and Welcome to Reading. Trek's Travels contains narrated stories that teach early childhood themes, including numbers, shapes, colors, opposites, and more. Welcome to Reading is a leveled reading program aimed at guiding emerging readers through increasing Lexile Framework for Reading difficulties.
- offers a variety of different game types designed to reinforce reading comprehension in an easily navigable design. Some examples of game types include Put the Story in Order, Multiple Choice, Concentration, and Sorting.
- collects and organizes a wide variety of videos found throughout World Book Online. These videos reinforce the content found within the Read section, and help to build essential background knowledge.
- Print & Do
- offers printable materials for coloring, connecting-the-dots, and more. These worksheets build upon the ideas and themes learned by students in Trek's Travels.
- is comprised of three different sections: Story Corner, Nursery Rhymes, and Songs. These sections contain fun fictional content culled from popular fairy tales, fables, fantasies, and more.