Justice of the Peace
Need a JP? A volunteer Justice of the Peace is available at our libraries.
Volunteer JP Desks
A volunteer Justice of the Peace will be available to assist the public at the following locations and times. No appointment is necessary.
- Caringbah Library
- Mondays from 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Engadine Library
- Tuesdays from 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Southgate Shopping Centre
- Wednesdays from 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Cronulla Library
- Thursdays and Saturdays from 11:00pm - 2:00pm
- Menai Library
- Fridays from 10:00am - 1:00pm
Outside of these times Sutherland Shire Council staff volunteering as NSW Justice of the Peace may be available from 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday only, at the Sutherland Shire Council Customer Service Centre.
Sutherland Shire Council staff will ONLY verify an identity and witness signatures on the documents listed below, limited to a maximum of 15 sheets (per customer, per day):
- Statutory declarations, for example,
- registration of animals
- Company documents requiring a witness of a signature
- Certified copies of original documents
All New South Wales Justices of the Peace are PROHIBITED from witnessing/certifying ANY of the following documents:
- Anything requiring a Public Notary
- Enduring Power of Attorneys
- Laminated Citizenship Certificates
- Overseas pensions
- Proof of Life forms
Please note: Overseas pensions cannot be certified by a Justice of the Peace. You will require a Public Notary Officer to do this. The website www.notarynsw.org.au provides a list of Officers in your area that can provide this service.
For more information about JP services at the library please contact Sutherland Library
Phone 9710 0351