Surf Fest Day
8 Dec 2019 - 8 Dec 2019
Enjoy a day of free fun at Hazelhurst.
10AM - 3PM
Surf Fest will bring together activities to coincide with Hazelhurst's Southern Swell, an exhibition which looks at surfing culture from the 1950s to now.
Visitors can enjoy:
- Musical performances by King Tide and rapper Slippery Surfa.
- A dozen mini markets offering surfing related items including jewellery, textiles and retro items.
- Free family friendly activities including making your own sea creature, or making a wave.
- Face painting.
- Screening of surfing film Bustin’ Down the Door which features the rise of professional surfing in the 1970s.
- Vintage cars.
- Food stalls.
- Free guided tours.
- Guest speaker talks including Women in Surf.
- See the installation of a collaborative surfing painting led by artist and surfer Henry ‘Jock’ Walker, as well as join his talk in the residence studio.
- Team Surfing Painting with Henry Jock Walker: Check Hazelhurst’s Facebook for updates on the beach location. BYO board. Art materials supplied.
Image: John Veage Boards 2019, digital photograph.
02 8536 5700