11 Jun 2016 - 7 Aug 2016
An innovative exhibition for children, families and the young at heart.
Eleven contemporary artists invited kids to test the limits of their imagination as they engaged with their work, learnt through creative play and explored the concept of the gallery as a playground. Artists developed innovative and experimental works specifically for this exhibition providing many fun opportunities for interaction:
- Make some kitsch creatures and psychedelic plants to add to the growing rainbow rainforest by Rosie Deacon in the gallery foyer.
- Get up and boogie with Thom and Angelmouse in their skyscraper city.
- Touch, hug, push, jump and listen to activate musical soft sculptures in The Sound Playground by Vicky Browne.
- Watch the video in the Assembly installation by David Capra, Mikala Dwyer and Justene Williams, dress up in a costume and dance and perform.
- Touch the forest sculptures, carefully feel inside the hollows and listen to the sounds of the creatures in the magical installation by Alison Clouston & Boyd.
ARTISTS: Tully Arnot | Vicky Browne | David Capra, Mikala Dwyer and Justene Williams | Alison Clouston and Boyd | Rosie Deacon | Camille Serisier | Thom and Angelmouse (Robert Smith and Harriet Body).
Curated by Carrie Kibbler.
Image: Rosie Deacon Fun Foam Fantastical Fabulous Fun!, 2015, (detail), Firstdraft, Sydney. Photography by Zan Wimberley.
02 8536 5700