Book a Visit
Hazelhurst is delighted to announce that we are once again open for school education excursions.
Make a booking to bring a primary or secondary school group to Hazelhurst.
Please note, the process to bring a primary or secondary school group to Hazelhurst has changed due to Covid restrictions. We are taking a number of precautionary steps to ensure the safety and welfare for students, teachers and Hazelhurst staff. These are:
- Bookings essential
- Only 1 school at a time at Hazelhurst (number dependent on booking activity, ie: self-directed gallery visit or group excursion)
- Limited numbers in the gallery and studios at any one time (expect your class to be divided into 2 or 3 groups) to reduce crowding.
- Maximum of 75 in the Regional gallery at any one time (includes general public)
- Use of hand sanitiser upon entry to gallery or studio
- Students over 12 years and teachers must wear a face mask within the building.
- Social distancing of students in small groups with good ventilation in the studios to reduce risk of close contact.
- One point of entry into the building
- Handwashing facilities and hand sanitiser in all studios and throughout the building
- Students provided with own materials while in studio, which have been sanitised before and after use
- Studio is sanitised thoroughly before school arrives.
Hazelhurst is dedicated to providing access to Visual Arts education to students in the Sutherland Shire, St George District and beyond.
We are pleased to be able to offer two FREE buses on Mondays to schools within Sutherland Shire and some parts of St George area. Under Transdev sponsorship we are also able to offer a 10% discount on bus bookings to Hazelhurst on other days. To receive a free or discounted bus service please enquire when booking your school visit.
If you wish to bring a class to Hazelhurst, please complete the booking request form below or contact our Public Programs & Education team: Kate Milner firstname.lastname@example.org or Samantha Relihan email@example.com
General venue and safety information can be viewed below:
Required fields are denoted by *
Sutherland Shire Council is required to comply with the information protection principles in the Privacy and Personal Information Act 1998 (PPIP Act). These principles regulate the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information held by government agencies. Generally, any personal information you provide to Council will only be used and/or disclosed for the Council's purposes, or a directly related purpose, unless you consent to another use or disclosure, in emergencies or as otherwise required or authorised by law.
Read council's Privacy Management Plan