Hazelhurst Emerging Ambassadors (15 - 18yrs)
Hazelhurst Emerging Ambassadors are volunteers who assist in developing, promoting and running Hazelhurst’s public programs.
- Assist in promoting Hazelhurst’s public programs and exhibitions via social media and at your school and/or workplace and formal and informal groups you participate in.
- Assist in running public programs such as the quarterly Art Fest Days, curator and artist talks and evening events.
- Assist in developing and give feedback about programming ideas.
- Must be aged between 15– 18 years old at the time of applying.
- Must commit to being a Hazelhurst Emerging Ambassador for a minimum of 12 months.
- Have a keen interesting in visual arts and enjoy working with a variety of people of different ages and backgrounds.
- Be committed to attending Hazelhurst Emerging Ambassador meetings (1 per exhibition) and to assist with at least one public program per exhibition.
- Complete the Sutherland Shire Council’s online WH&S training.
Benefits of being a Hazelhurst Ambassador
- Experience in working in an art gallery on a diverse range of programs.
- Behind the scenes access to Hazelhurst’s public programs and exhibitions.
- The opportunity to work with art professionals and artists.
- Make new friends with like-minded people and form new networks.
- Input into creating public program that you and your friends would like to attend.
- Invitations to all exhibition openings.
- Discount membership to Friends of Hazelhurst.
How to apply
Please write a brief (< 250 word) statement about why you would like to be a Hazelhurst Emerging Ambassador and include your name, age, contact details and if applicable, details of what you are studying. E-mail to:
Public Programs and Education Officer