We've made some important updates to the Community Grants and Subsidies Progam for the 2020 / 2021 round. Please take the time to review the below information to see what may be relevant to you.
Outcomes for Funding Category 2. A Culturally Rich and Vibrant Community, have changed. Outcomes for 2020 / 2021 are:
- Actively encourage particpation in arts and cultural experiences
- Foster artists and creative industries in Sutherland Shire
- Contribute to the delivery of a range of engaging community and cultural experiences for residents of Sutherland Shire
- Protect and embrace our Aboriginal heritage
Priorities for Funding Category 2. A Culturally Rich and Vibrant Community, have changed. Funding priorities for 2020 / 2021 include:
- Public spaces activated with cultural and creative initiatives
- Inclusive programs that maximise access and reduce costs and logistical barriers to participation
- Contribute to artistic, cultural and heritage outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Assessment criteria for Funding Category 2. A Culturally Rich and Vibrant Community, have changed. New assessment criteria for this funding category will include:
Community participation (20 per cent weighting)
- Has the project engaged local residents and / or artists?
- Does the project meet local demand?
- Does the project develop the arts and cultural sector of the Sutherland Shire?
- Is the project inclusive and does it actively attempt to increase access to participation?
Diversity and Inclusion (15 per cent weighting)
- Does the project contribute to the creative and cultural profile of the Sutherland Shire?
- Does the project contribute to the diversity of cultural expression in Sutherland Shire?
- Is there a range of artists and cultural practitioners engaged in the delivery of the project?
For full details of funding categories, outcomes, priorities and assessment criteria please review the 2020 / 2021 Community Grants and Subsidies Program Guidelines. A copy can be reviewed here
For more information about the above changes or to discuss the 2020 / 2021 Community Grants and Subsidies Program please contact Council on 9710 0602 or via email at email@example.com