What the grant is for
The Community Grants Program is delivered by Sutherland Shire Council to support and empower the local community. The aim of the program is to fund a range of projects that contribute to a connected, supportive, caring, inclusive and engaged community.
Who can apply?
- Be an incorporated not for profit organisations or charity or be auspiced by one
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Provide annual financial statements for review
- Demonstrate that the project will benefit Sutherland Shire residents
- Adhere to Work Health and Safety (WHS) policy and practices as required under legislation
- Have appropriate current insurances
- Have appropriate current certificates where required (e.g. Police Checks)
- Have acquitted all previous grant conditions and have no debt to council
- Complete and lodge an online Grant Application by the due date
- Organisations that failed to acquit previous funding by the due date
- Projects that do not primarily target Sutherland Shire residents
- For-profit organisations or political organisations
- Applications that seek support for supplementing the funding for core business activity
- Infrastructure upgrades that include significant building works
- National registered charities that actively source donations
- Prize money, payment of debts or insurances
Please ensure you read the Community Grants 2018-2019 Guidelines prior to submitting your application.
How to apply
Applications will open Monday March 19 2018 and close Friday April 13 2018. Applications will be available online using Sutherland Shire Council's SmartyGrants application form. A link to the application form will be available once the grant round opens.
All applicants need to have acquitted previous grant funds.
SmartyGRANTS and Grants Information Session
Thursday 15 March 2018
10:00am - 12:00pm
Council Administration Building
4 Eton Street
Sutherland NSW 2232
The workshop will provide information and advice regarding changes to Council's Community Grants Program as well as advice and assistance about grant writing and how to submit an application via SmartyGRANTS.
For more information or to make a booking please call 9710 0602 or email: email@example.com
Policies and documents
Enquiries can be directed to Economic and Community Development on
on 9710 0602