Closed for submissions
Council is currently developing an exciting new grants program which will combine all current grant and subsidies into one annual program. The Community Grants Program will open in March 2018. Guidelines are currently being developed and will soon be on the web site.
Grants of up to $20,000 are available.
What the grant is for
The Community Grants Program is delivered by Sutherland Shire Council to support and empower the local community. The aim of the program is to fund a range of projects that contribute to a connected, supportive, caring, inclusive and engaged community.
Who can apply?
- Be an incorporated not for profit organisations or charity or be auspiced by one
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Provide annual financial statements for review
- Demonstrate that the project will benefit Sutherland Shire residents
- Adhere to Work Health and Safety (WHS) policy and practices as required under legislation
- Have appropriate current insurances
- Have appropriate current certificates where required (e.g. Police Checks)
- Have acquitted all previous grant conditions and have no debt to council
- Organisations that failed to acquit previous funding by the due date
- Projects that do not primarily target Sutherland Shire residents
- For-profit organisations or political organisations
- Applications that seek support for supplementing the funding for core business activity
- Infrastructure upgrades that include significant building works
- National registered charities that actively source donations
- Prize money, payment of debts or insurances
Please ensure you read the Community Grants 2018-2019 Guidelines prior to submitting your application.
How to apply
Applications will open in March 2018
All applicants need to have acquitted previous grant funds. Acquittal forms will be available on Smarty Grants.
Smarty Grants training sessions will be provided.
Enquiries can be directed to Economic and Community Development on
on 9710 0333