Tickets can be purchased
Online: via links from the show pages
Phone: (02) 9521 8888
Box Office (Level 1): Monday to Friday from 9am till 4.30pm.
NB: The Ground Floor Box Office is open 30 minutes prior to a performance.
Seats can be selected when purchasing online, by phone or at the SEC Box Office.
The SEC theatre has 2 levels:
Auditorium - ground floor and is wheelchair accessible
Dress Circle – upstairs. NB: there is no lift access.
View the Full Theatre Seating Plan
For wheelchairs and accessible bookings please phone the SEC Box Office on (02) 9521 8888.
Gift vouchers can be purchased online, at the Box Office at 30 Eton Street, Sutherland or by phoning 9521 8888
Concession tickets are available to the following persons unless the promoter advises otherwise: pensioners, senior card holders, unemployed, full time students and people under the age of 18.
The SEC accepts the Companion Card for all their events and for all promoter events, unless the promoter has advised otherwise.
A complimentary ticket will be issued to the companion of a person with a disability. For more information on the Companion Card Program visit http://www.nswcompanioncard.org.au/
For group bookings we are happy to reserve your tickets for up to 2 weeks to allow you to organise and collect payment. If an event is becoming heavily booked we may need to call you sooner to make payment.
To receive the discounted group rate tickets must be paid for all together and no split payments allowed.
Group bookings can be made by calling the SEC Box Office on (02) 9521 8888.
NB: Minimum group numbers and prices are negotiated with promoters and will vary for each event.
Transaction Fees apply and are determined by the delivery method selected during the booking process.
Standard Mail $3.50
Collect at Box Office $2.50
Retrieve lost tickets
Reserved seating tickets not purchased online can be replaced by calling the Box Office on (02) 9521 8888.
General Admission tickets cannot be replaced and should be treated like cash.
Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase except as provided for in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
Subscriber ticket exchanges
Subscribers are entitled to one free exchange under the following conditions:
- we are happy for you to phone and make a reservation for a new performance however the tickets must be returned to the SEC Box Office no later than 48 hours prior to the performance you are exchanging out of or into, whichever is sooner. The reservation will be held for 7 days only.
- If you have selected a dining option with the performance ticket, then your dining tickets must be returned no less than 48 hours prior to the performance or be forfeit.
- Exchanges made less than 48 hours prior to the performance are considered late and incur an exchange fee of $3 per ticket. The cut-off time for late exchange is 12 noon for a performance on the same day.
- Tickets may only be exchanged for a performance listed in the Subscription package.
- You can exchange more than once but secondary exchanges will incur a $3 per ticket fee.
- Ticket exchanges are subject to availability.
Privacy & Confidentiality
Sutherland Shire Council is required to comply with the information protection principles in the Privacy and Personal Information Act 1998 (PPIP Act). These principles regulate the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information held by government agencies.