Enrolments for our October Vacation Care program are now open.
We love designing our school holiday programs, with just one goal in mind - fun! (And safety, of course.) The children also get involved, sharing with us the activities and excursions they love doing.
Here's a sample of the fun planned for October:
- Go Kart Riding & Laser Tag incursions
- Puppetry Workshop
- Movie and Cooking Party Day
- Jewellery making
- Science experiments
- Excursions to the Australian Botanic Gardens, movies, bubble soccer, Madagascar Playland and Virtual Reality Rooms.
Parents/carers are welcome to submit their enrolment form for one of our three centres. Please note all enrolling families must also complete a Direct Debit form unless paying by credit card (available below).
- Burraneer Bay (7am-6pm): Kindergarten -12 years
- Miranda (7am-6pm): Kindergarten - 14 years
- Lucas Heights (7am-6pm): Kindergarten -14 years
Council's Vacation Care is a safe environment for children, with robust policies and procedures overseen by Council's quality specialists.
Burraneer Bay Vacation Care
Burraneer Bay Public School, 161-165 Burraneer Bay Road, Cronulla.
Lucas Heights Vacation Care
Lucas Heights Community School, Old Illawarra Road, Barden Ridge.
Miranda Vacation Care
Miranda Children's Centre, 31A Wandella Road, Miranda - behind the library.
Council's Early Bird fee of $54 per day is available until Sunday 23 September (midnight). After this time the rate is $59 per day. Please note some excursion/activity costs are additional.
Medical Management Forms
Medical Management Plans are a regulatory requirement and provide Educators at our Vacation Care centres with the information required to best meet your child's medical needs.
Do you need to complete a Medical Management Plan form for your child during the next school holidays?
You will need to complete a Medical Management Plan if:
- your child is new to Sutherland Shire Council Vacation Care and has been diagnosed with a medical condition.
- has recently been diagnosed with a medical condition and this is the first Vacation Care period since the diagnosis.
- your child's current plan is out-of-date, or will be out-of-date in the holiday period you are booking in for (plans need to be updated every 12 months)
- your child's medical condition has changed or the management of the condition has changed.
Medical conditions include asthma, anaphylaxis, diabetes, an allergy requiring medication on contact allergen, etc.
All Medical Plans must be updated annually or as any changes to your child's medical condition or management of the condition occur.
Where can I access the form?
Please refer to the link below
What happens after I complete the plan?
Our Vacation Care Director will contact you to clarify the details and discuss the management of the condition. There may be further information or forms to be completed and collected at this time (e.g. Asthma action plan or medication form). Once all forms and information are completed, we provide these to our Educators located in the centre your child is booked into, ensuring they are familiar with your child's condition and the management of the condition.
What if I’m unsure whether a Medical Management Plan is required?
Please contact our Customer Service team on 9710 0466 if you have any queries regarding whether a Medical Management Plan form is required.
Please peruse our Parent Handbook for detailed information regarding our Vacation Care service.
How to enrol
- Open the enrolment form for the appropriate centre and save to your desktop
- Complete the enrolment form and save.
- Open, print, complete and scan the Direct Debit form (if paying via direct debit)
- Email both forms as attachments to VacationCare@ssc.nsw.gov.au
For queries, program details and enrolment please register/make an enquiry online, telephone us on 9710 0466 or email our team at VacationCare@ssc.nsw.gov.au