Enrolments are now open for Council's July Vacation Care program.
We love designing our school holiday programs, with just one goal in mind - fun! (And safety, of course.) The children also get involved, sharing with us the activities and excursions they love doing.
Here's a sample of the fun planned for July:
- 9D cinema experience
- Willy Wonka Day at the centres
- 'Make me a Rock Star' incursion - singing, dancing and drama experiences
- Art Attack - different painting activities including spray bottle painting, marble painting, string painting etc.
- Sports & games
- Excursions to destinations including Sky Zone, the Tramway Museum, NAIDOC celebrations, Segway riding at Sydney Olympic Park - and much more.
Parents/carers are welcome to submit their enrolment form for one of our three centres:
- Burraneer Bay (7am-6pm): Kindergarten -12 years
- Miranda (7am-6pm): Kindergarten - 14 years
- Lucas Heights (7am-6pm): Kindergarten -14 years
Council's Vacation Care is a safe environment for children, with robust policies and procedures overseen by Council's quality specialists.
Burraneer Bay Vacation Care
Burraneer Bay Public School, 161-165 Burraneer Bay Road, Cronulla.
Lucas Heights Vacation Care
Lucas Heights Community School, Old Illawarra Road, Barden Ridge.
Miranda Vacation Care
Miranda Children's Centre, 31A Wandella Road, Miranda - behind the library.
Council's Early Bird fee of $54 per day is available until Sunday 1 July (midnight). After this time the rate is $59 per day. Please note some excursion/activity costs are additional.
Medical Management Forms
Medical Management Plans are a regulatory requirement and provide Educators at our Vacation Care centres with the information required to best meet your child's medical needs.
Do you need to complete a Medical Management Plan form for your child during the next school holidays?
You will need to complete a Medical Management Plan if:
- your child is new to Sutherland Shire Council Vacation Care and has been diagnosed with a medical condition.
- has recently been diagnosed with a medical condition and this is the first Vacation Care period since the diagnosis.
- your child's current plan is out-of-date, or will be out-of-date in the holiday period you are booking in for (plans need to be updated every 12 months)
- your child's medical condition has changed or the management of the condition has changed.
Medical conditions include asthma, anaphylaxis, diabetes, an allergy requiring medication on contact allergen, etc.
All Medical Plans must be updated annually or as any changes to your child's medical condition or management of the condition occur.
Where can I access the form?
Please refer to the link below
What happens after I complete the plan?
Our Vacation Care Director will contact you to clarify the details and discuss the management of the condition. There may be further information or forms to be completed and collected at this time (e.g. Asthma action plan or medication form). Once all forms and information are completed, we provide these to our Educators located in the centre your child is booked into, ensuring they are familiar with your child's condition and the management of the condition.
What if I’m unsure whether a Medical Management Plan is required?
Please contact our Customer Service team on 9710 0466 if you have any queries regarding whether a Medical Management Plan form is required.
Please follow this link to the parent handbook
How to enrol
- Open the enrolment form for the appropriate centre
- Save to your computer
- Complete the form and save
- Email the completed form as an attachment to VacationCare@ssc.nsw.gov.au
For queries, program details and enrolment please register/make an enquiry online, telephone us on 9710 0466 or email our team at VacationCare@ssc.nsw.gov.au