Essential qualifications, certificates and/or licenses required for this position
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education) from Macquarie University
- First Aid
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Child Protection
- Safe Food Handling
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Navigating the National Quality Standards
- Navigating the Children's Services Regulations
- MAKATON basic signs workshop
- Guiding Children’s Behaviour Workshop
- Developing inclusive practices
I have worked as an Early Childhood Educator for more than10 years, and have been with Sutherland Shire Council since 2008. I have vast experience working with children aged 0 – 8 years in early education centres, vacation care and primary school settings.
Since the birth of my daughter in 2014, I have transitioned to Family Day Care to educate and care for young children within my home in Sutherland.
About my service
I am passionate about advocating for children’s rights and environmental education. I have confidence in every child’s abilities, and feel that it is important for the children to have some responsibilities and control over day-to-day decision-making.
I believe high self-esteem is the key to many positive lifelong outcomes, and that my responsibility is to ensure every child feels safe, secure, and supported. Through their engagement with the daily educational program I want the children in my care to:
- Gain a love of learning new things
- Have the confidence to try new things
- Find fascination in the real magic around them in this world - such as magnets and rainbows
- Respect nature and the environment, and know how to care for it
- Have fun and build friendships with other children in my care, and myself.
- Feel as though they are an extended member of my family, and that this is their home away from home, as well their education and care environment.
About my facilities
The indoor environment is cheery, cosy and very colourful. Children’s activities are arranged to allow for freedom of choice and a range of developmental abilities. Areas are multi-functional and provide flexible play spaces. Resources are interchanged regularly depending on children’s interests and abilities. We enjoy a diverse range of music for ambience, relaxation or fun.
As a gardening family we enjoy time spent in nature, so the children become involved in planting and caring for their garden, and nurturing the worm farm. The yard has both grassed and paved areas for ball games, bikes and imaginative play.
Enquiries can be directed to our admin team on 9710 0466